This job exists to provide:
- Optimal and strategic management of BSW client portfolios, including direct portfolio management responsibilities.
- Investment advice, insight, and guidance to BSW clients.
- Analytical and quantitative support to the BSW Investment Group.
Top Accountabilities, Results, & Weightings:
1. Optimal and strategic management of client portfolios
- Ensure appropriate allocation, timely implementation/rebalancing, and investment management.
- Oversight and management of Portfolio Management support and junior BSWig staff.
2. Investment Advice, insight, and guidance to BSW Clients
- Participation in, and contribution to, client meetings and engagements; fielding and responding to investment-related inquiries from clients, and proactive outreach to clients on investment matters.
3. Provide analytical and quantitative support to the BSW Investment Group
- Investment research and due diligence.
- Economic outlook and investment positioning research and contribution.
- Trading and portfolio execution – both direct responsibilities and team/firm-level support.
4. Execute on your personalized COI Action Plan
5. Help BSW meet its Purpose, 2017 Goals, Objectives & Key Initiatives
- Support BSW’s Core Values & Purpose
- BSW’s Purpose: To Make Life Better for BSW clients, staff, and their families.
- BSW’s Core Values:
- Honesty & Integrity + Courage & Leadership: we champion our clients, our staff, and the firm. We lead within engagements. We “confront the brutal facts” with clients and internally.
- Wow! Excellence: we strive to do our best and be best in class – professionally, personally, and organizationally. We “run up the stairs.”
- Innovation & Learning: we embrace and encourage firm innovation, learning, growth and professional development.
- Quality of Life: for clients and BSW staff – Fun, Balance, Community, & Space to be Creative
6. Contribute to a highly effective organization that produces exceptional client service and amazing results by fostering mutual trust; open, honest, and candid communication; effective teamwork; and an unrestrained sense of enthusiasm, commitment, and FUN.
- Undergraduate degree, appropriate advanced degrees valued, but not required.
- The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is required of Investment-track professionals. Current CFA status is a plus. Candidates without a CFA will be expected to pursue the credential – for which BSW provides funding and support.
- Experience in finance, investments, and planning preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding references from previous and/or current employers.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, discipline and organizational skills.
- High integrity and professional discretion.
- Outstanding interpersonal, speaking, and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, personal financial issues – the ability to really “get” what we do on behalf of our client families.